Flexible Hours (including nights & weekends)
35 Years of Experience
Most Jobs done in 1-2 days
San Mateo, CA
Packing Guidelines for Safe Shipping:
- Contact me for my address and to assure that I will be expecting your box.
- Label the box “Harriete Berman.” Do NOT label the box using the words “silver,” “silverwork,” or Berman Fine Silverwork. We don’t want the box to look like it is worth stealing.
- Please fill out the Contact Information Form below.
Include your contact information in the box (not just for me) but just in case the mailing label is damaged.
- Disassemble any objects that comes apart. Examples are listed below:
Unscrew candlesticks that come apart. Wrap each part separately.
Unscrew candlesticks from main stem/base. Wrap each part separately.
Unscrew candelabra arms from a heavy base. Wrap each part separately.
Unscrew trophy figures from a heavy base, if possible.
Remove any fragile elements from a heavy base.
Wrap broken handles separate from objects
- If you are shipping multiples parts or several silver objects:
A. Wrap each piece separately in bubble wrap so they don’t hit one another during shipping.
B. Use colored masking tape that is easy to remove without destroying the bubble wrap.
C. If the silver is valuable or fragile, pack each item in it’s own interior shipping box to avoid damage during shipping.
D. Heavy objects shipped with delicate parts should have separate interior shipping boxes.
Shipping Flatware? I recommend a Small Flat Rate Box available for free from USPS for shipping protection.
- Double box for extra protection. This means pack the silver item in one box….then pack this box in a larger shipping box.
The interior box needs to be big enough for the entire object after it is repaired. For example, if you are shipping a coffeepot with a broken handle, make sure the coffeepot with the handle reattached will fit in the interior shipping box with extra room.
There should be 1” gap between the interior and exteriorshipping boxes filled with either packing peanuts, bubble wrap, packing sheets or newspaper.
- The interior shipping box (and exterior shipping box) need to be large enough for the entire object after it is repaired. For example, if you are shipping a coffeepot with a broken handle, make sure the coffeepot with the handle reattached will fit in the interior shipping box with extra room.
- SHIPPING RECOMMENDATIONS:
USPS has the best handling and price including insurance.
NEVER use UPS their handling is too rough.
Fed Ex is fine, but they cost twice the fee as USPS.
If you aren’t sure about how much to insure your silver, look on E-bay
for similar sold items.
- ALL RETURN SHIPPING will be by USPS "click and ship" priority mail (unless we discuss other options.
Any questions? phone [ 650.274.2781 ] or email?
After I get your box, I will email or phone with a confirmed estimate.
If I can reuse your packing materials there will be a $10 packing fee. If I need to reinvent the packing including new shipping boxes the packing fee will be $25.
After the work is repaired: I will let you know by email the total for the repair, packing, shipping and shipping insurance.
Avoid shipping: If you live local to the San Francisco Bay Area, then we can make an appointment at a time that is convenient for you. Weekends and evenings are available.
Estimated Insurance Value: ___________________________
(If you aren’t sure about how much to insure your silver, look on E-bay for similar sold items.)
Signature Required on Return Shipping:______________
(Optional: Signature Required cost another $5.70 USPS)
Dimension of Shipping Box:_____________
To be filled out by Harriete Berman:
Date Received:____________ Job no:____________
Repair Estimate: _______________________________________